Attract Your Life's Desires

Saturday, February 05, 2005

Current Events


Valora aka Mermaid is back in the country. She got married in New York almost 2 years ago with long time boyfriend James. Now they're getting married here to celebrate it with family and friends who weren't able to join them the last time in the states, the lolas (Mama Fe, Snow, Tinkerbell, et al) are definitely coming to the event on February 12. This spells a boohoohoo moment for me coz I'm the only one who can't come. For a dear friend like Valora, I could fly for the occasion, like I did when Sarah got married, if only I wasn't on training yet. 'tong career talaga, sagabal sa social life. tsk.tsk.

Incidentally, the Radiologists in the country are having a convention in Manila on February 10- 12. It would have been a good excuse to slip into Manila for a few days and attend Mermaid's wedding. Since I have yet to receive my first salary as a resident in radiology, travelling would be beyond my means. I'm currently under the grant of the Famas' (Fafa and Mama's) Foundation. Being in Radiology, med reps don't follow us around (read: we're not useful to them) so the idea of having sponsors is alien to our department. Besides, if we were to have a sponsor, I'd be the last person to be considered being sent to the convention. I'm the most junior, too neophyte to even understand the discussions they will be having. Shawie is dancing at the convention. It would've been fun to watch.

A childhood friend of mine, Techie is getting married as well this month, on Feb 7 (her birthday) at the Manila Cathedral, the church where I was baptized. The whole family is invited but only my mom and my brother are attending. The following month, another childhood friend, Sheila is getting married, on her birthday too, on March 10. Again, in Manila. Hmm.. my birthday is on December 22. There's still time. Err, for the next christmas shopping, that is. What were you thinking?

Dylan is coming home to the city on Feb 19. Don't worry, Dyls, I'm gathering our college friends to welcome you home. I'll be the band majorette. Isabel, Cecilia and Luningning will be bringing the banner with your name on it, written in neon colors. Hehe! I'm not sure if I could get Sheryl and Donnabelle to join us. I haven't been seeing Sheryl in the hospital lately and Donnabelle texted she wasn't sure about her sched yet. Is it me or is is the white coat that I wear on duty that makes me feel ancient? When I get around Isabel, a student nurse and Cecilia, a PGI at the hospital, no one would think we're of the same age. Yet when I'm with Sheryl, who's a 3rd year pedia resident, I feel slightly late-bloomeerish. I hope I don't get that feeling when we all see one another at our mini-reunion.

2 comments:

GENIUS IS JUST ANOTHER MOUSE! said...

As long as we don't talk about our careers, we donn't need to feel so old, ha ha ha! Thanks for the early welcome!

Sumer Sethi said...

medical grand rounds on my site on 15th, please submit your some interesting medical post at sumerdoc-at-yahoo-dot-com

http://www.sumerdoc.blogspot.com