Attract Your Life's Desires

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

News

.... Styx has a boyfriend now. She wanted to tell me about it long before but I wasn't replying to her texts and missed calls. Sorry if I've been unresponsive to your alerts. I didn't realize you were raring to tell me about the good news through those usual cheer-up text messages and missed calls. When I miss-call somebody, it usually means I just pressed the wrong keypad. In her case I didn't know it was news.I was caught off-guard and was prompted to call her. So happy for you, Styx. Hope he truly deserves you. But hey, you have yet to file that resignation from our org. Submit it to me ASAP :)
.... Sharon, one of my best buds got married last week and she didn't tell me about it until now. She said it was a small but solemn wedding so she didn't bother announcing it to me.And she's 3 months on the family way. Gosh. Everybody's grown up. Her text message left me almost falling off my seat that I ended up calling her too, just right after talking to Styx.
....Jay and Betty are getting married, not to each other but to their respective sweethearts, sometime next year. Jay was back home 2 weeks ago, dropped by the reading room for a chat. He cheerfully showed me the pic of his fiancee. Chinky-eyed and pretty. His sister Badet told me she's quite a catch, well-mannered and all. We, his friends have witnessed Jay fall in and out of love. Finally, he finds his match. Betty is coming home this month . Elaine is also coming home within the month, so I'm seeing my good friends again after a long time. What do you know, Elaine will be the next to bear the news that she is tying the knot, WITH somebody and not ON somebody.
.... As much as I wanted to bring good news about myself, that I'm seeing someone and not seeing things, all I got is a downer. The results of the biopsy sent to the States through Elaine came out today. It confirmed the findings of cancer. Guess this is it. Fight or flight. My plan? Long term- die. Short term-use my remaining strength and enjoy what's left of my years. No worries. It's just cancer after all. Just cancer. Nothing will faze me anymore.

No comments: