Attract Your Life's Desires

Friday, June 27, 2008

Anatomy Of A Writer


I am grateful that through this blog, I was able to land a writing gig at odesk.com. Although the entries here are not that polished and contain more of my rants than intellectually-stimulating pieces, it was a wise decision to keep it. This served as my portfolio.

I signed up for odesk last December just for the heck of it. Upon searching the open jobs available, I couldn't find anything suitable for me. In every job posting, there were a lot of applicants gunning for the respective positions. I didn't bother applying to any of slots because I didn't feel I had the edge over the others. Not until I got the invitation to work for a website for doctors in UK.

My present boss, who is likewise a doctor, contacted me to have an interview for a project they were working on. He browsed through my profile and this blog. The tasks included article/ blog writing and forum postings. This was just the job that I had in mind. This must be the "law of attraction" working.

With my assignments, I get to learn the latest news in the medical field, research about diseases and awaken my neurons which I haven't done for a while, after quitting residency. This work makes me think! Just when I thought I was ready to trade my career as a doctor to become a full time makeup artist, I realized I still crave for mental calisthenics. Don't get me wrong, make up artistry takes a lot of creativity, but it is in writing where I get to quench my brain the knowledge it has been thirsting for. I get to employ my medical education, the use of which I have been questioning for quite some time now.

I am thankful to God that now I am putting my skills to use. From make up to writing to music (I went back to playing the piano) to practicing as a physician, I am enjoying His blessings for me and the time that allows me to do all this. This makes my life a lot lovelier.

Oh yeah, I just got my first pay from odesk yesterday. Here's hoping for a lot more gigs to come. Thanks a lot to Matt, my boss for trusting me on this job.

No comments: