Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Don't Judge A Book, Just Cover It



When I told Sharon the address to my blog, she was mocking, naks, leggylass ha? I had to assure her it didn't have anything to do with the length or number of my legs. It takes after my fiance's (Orlando Bloom's) character, Legolas. Dr. Bloom would have been a good pen name, except that people might think I'm referring to my nose.
_________

It occurred to me that I'm actually friends with a lot of misunderstood people. I had to tell others who dislike them that they are in reality, good people who are just often misjudged. As Melanie Marquez would put it, "Don't judge them, they're not books". Now it alarms me. Either I have a wide scope of understanding for these friends or heaven forbid, I am one of them.
_________


Ain't it cool to be tinkering on Ma'am Thelma's computer while on duty, checking out friendster? Badette, (Jay's younger sister) told me about the internet connection. Although in other aspects there is no doubt that they are siblings, it was refreshing to know that while Jay is a computer illiterate, his sister isn't. Badette, if you're reading this, don't tell Jay I'm humiliating him on my blog.
_________

I find it disturbing that people who barely know me assume that I have quite a long list of boyfriends. Duh. Didn't realize I come across as some playgirl on the loose. What's worse is when you answer you're single, they think you're pulling their leg. Great. Now that makes you a playgirl and a liar. When you finally convince them that you are telling the truth, they start wondering what could be wrong about you. They secretly think you have a pathologic personality. Argh. What's with these people? But then I guess the worst thing about it is you believing they could be right.
_________

I miss the ample parking space I used to enjoy at the previous hospital I worked for. At where I presently work, they are either taken or have the annoying "reserved" sign that I accidentally knocked one down while backing up. Trust me, it was an accident. It didn't have anything to do with my pent up emotions.
_________

Between Ally Mcbeal and Bridget Jones, Ally wins my heart hands down. Hence, my player comes with 2 of the songs from the TV series' soundtrack. Have they depicted Ally as a doctor than a lawyer, I would start thinking they owe me rights to my story. No seriously, Ally can't be me. She's is a little too whacko. Sick in the head, but funny nonetheless.

_________

Speaking of whackos, I checked out the results of my psychological exam. Actually, I wasn't required to know the results. The hospital psychologist already signed my papers even before I could take the exam (see, that's how harmless I look). I just wanted to know if I had some loose screws I needed to tighten. As expected *ahem*, I was pronounced mentally fit. I had to specifically ask if I am at all, narcissistic. N-O. No. You read that right. Now that I'm assured that I don't have a psychological pathology, at least I know I could own a gun soon without posing threat to the society. Coolness.


No comments: