Attract Your Life's Desires

Saturday, March 05, 2005

A Night of (sawi) Music

While others would try to drive their troubles away with liquour, I found a better alternative- videoke. It has been said that singers are very lucky people, they can tell the world their agonies and get applauded for it. I am happy when I can find friends who share the same passion for videoke. I used to drive all the way to Isobelle's place bringing my cd's along for a singing session. My trips to Manila aren't complete without a trip to IO or any ktv bar with the lolas. This time, meet my new videoke buds....:)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rona dropped by the reading room one morning and asked, "doc, when are we going to have our videoke night-out?" We have been planning one for a long time but it always never pushed through. I dared, "tonight" and she answered, "game! i'll go tell Chingkoi and the gang." She wasn't kidding after all. Good thing my original plan for the night with Cecilia was cancelled when she told me she had to go on a date with her boyfriend who was back in town.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Rona and Chingkoi. We had to ask Tantan's permission to let Chingkoi, the love of his life, come with us.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Aping, Me, Chingkoi
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The surgery boss who followed his angels to their hang-out
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
April didn't sing a single song and had to put up with the noise pollution the rest of us created
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
These girls surprisingly knew more old songs than I did. The more baduy song we sang, the better. Incidentally, most of our songs were "sawi" selections which only caused us chest pains mimicking anginal attacks.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Chingkoi's most memorable song was "I'm Sorry" which according to April, was heartfully rendered for Tantan.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
The boss with his angels
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This girl could sing!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
It was fun jamming with you girls!

No comments: