Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, April 24, 2005

In The Arms Of The Angels


I am overwhelmed by the outpour of support from my friends the minute I told them what I will be going through next week.

Well, most of them didn't know what to say. They thought all along that I was just being my usual morbid self when I said something was wrong about my health. Upon realizing the gravity of the situation, they were stunned. Cecilia had goose bumps. Valora assured me everything's going to be fine, I replied I hope so too but even if it doesn't, at least I'm meeting the right (dead) man for me, Rico Yan. She scolded me and told me to stop entertaining such thoughts.
Mama Fe is her ever competitive self. She quipped, "lola, if you have breast ca then i have brain ca, i'm having terrible migraines.. i will get Rico Yan before you do". I challenged her, " okay may the best dead woman win". As if her insanity wasn't enough, she added, I'll tell Tina and Shawie to follow us too. Oh God. Pardon my lukaret friend.

On the other hand, I was the one assuring Isobelle that I will be okay, though I was teary-eyed when replying to her text. She is one of those seemingly apathetic l friends who can actually touch you with her genuine concern. She said she's sending me a copy of the prayer they recited when they almost lost lost their little bea to dengue shock and something to keep me sane while bedridden. She regrets, though that it's not a man she's sending.

Edshil and Mama Fe were taking turns in talking to me over the phone, enjoying the globe unlimited calls promo. Snow asked, " do you want us to visit you there?" I knew they couldn't possibly be here at this time. They are still on residency like me. Expressing their intentions of wanting to be with me at a most trying time was enough. Well Snow and Mama Fe, if you're going here, you will be here as my guests, not my babysitters.

Ai was as usual attacking me on the flatness of my chest wall. She advises that I have breast augmentation as well. This girl may be a little blunt sometimes but she's proven her worth as a friend over and over again. Sharon and Dylan are relieved that I finally went to see a surgeon. Well, true enough, doctors make the worst patients. Sorry if I've been stubborn.

Difficult circumstances like these have a bright side too, it brings out who my real friends are. While others will be good only for as long as you're useful, there are those who will walk with you through fire and tirelessly understand whatever hell you're going through. These are the people I will value for life. I thank God for them. These are the angels who lift me up each time I'm too weak to fly.

No comments: