Attract Your Life's Desires

Monday, September 20, 2004

Soulmates


Soulmates. Twinflames. Whatever you call it, I used to believe they did exist. At least the idea once appealed to me, it would've been more comforting to know that somebody was meant to be with me. I ceased believing in Santa Claus and Fairy Tales, why would this thing about soulmates be any different?

Isn't it amazing to find yourself sharing an instant connection with someone you feel you've known all your life when fact is, you're only starting to be friends. How does one explain this phenomenon? All of a sudden you switch into romantic mode and start believing he ought to be the one, the soulmate you've been looking for. Oh behave. I've met people I instantly clicked with but in the end, they just happened to be good conversationalists. That's just it. Being young and gullible, I almost fooled myself into believing they were my so called soulmates. If I count all of them, my soul would have to recycle several times in this lifetime to match each of them.

Perhaps I do have one. He probably went into a coma or diminished into a mere soul by now. Perhaps my bitter stories have turned me into a cynic. Or I could be too old to believe it, I've outgrown it. Sometimes it gets overrated enough to be a lame excuse to infidelity. You've heard stories about happily married couples leaving their families because they had to be with their "soulmates". Soulmates aren't supposed to make you sin. Oh well. Whatever lead me into debunking it, I'd rather go search my own soul for now. I'll find it before someone else does and sells it.

No comments: