Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, October 30, 2005

Apples, Monkeys and Bananas

"Women are like apples on trees, the best ones are on the top of the tree. The men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and don't want to get hurt. Instead, they just get the rotten apples from the ground that aren't so good but easy. So, the apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality they are amazing. They just have to wait for the right man to come along, the one who's brave enough to climb all the way to the top because they value quality."

-Anonymous



I often get this text message from well-meaning friends who only want to reassure me that there is nothing wrong with me. I appreciate the thought but somehow this got me thinking. I really don't mind staying atop the tree forever til the day I drop to the ground and die.The ones who climb all the way to the top are not necessarily the valiant knights we have been waiting for, because some men with monkey-like attributes climb towards your direction, mistaking you for a banana. Only then that it saddens me that there was no prince in sight to save you from the monkeys. You can only hope that these apples will grow wings so they can escape from the disgust.

Yes, I know I'm being a bitch.

No comments: