Attract Your Life's Desires

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Thank You, My Dearest Friends

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thank
... my mom for taking care of me while I was at the hospital. She is God's greatest gift to me.
... my nieces for their innate cuteness and for being my form of entertainment
... the rest of my family for their continuous outpour of love and support for me and for the food, especially that large box of pizza
...my doctors for their sensitivity, competence and the huge discounts (the philhealth footed the minimal professional fees, otherwise, i spent nothing for their services. part of ethics, yes but some doctors don't follow that. i'm lucky my doctors were among the ethical ones)
...the comc nurses from the er (who have been my friends ever since i moonlighted there) for my room reservation, as well as to the station and OR nurses for making my hospital stay comfortable
...my wonderful friends who never left me during my darkest hours:
.... Gracela, one of my best buds since high school who had to call me from Germany to leave encouraging words
.... Elaine, my confidante, who called me from the States the night prior to my surgery to cheer me up
.... Mama Fe who stayed true to her words to call me while I was at the hospital and for those morale-boosting tidbits before my dreaded day
....Tina, undoubtedly one of my most thoughtful friends, for the inspiring words and making me laugh amidst the fear eating me up
....Sarah, my ever reliable bud. Although I didn't tell her my ordeal because I didn't want to burden to her now that she has her own family and is preoccupied with other more important matters, when she learned about my surgery, her concern just moved me. She always knew the right words to say, at the right time.
.....Isobelle and Isabel, for the well wishes that came just in time.
.....Dylan, though he wanted me to hit myself in the head for my stupid decisions in matters of the heart, stood by me from the time I told him about my condition til i gathered enough courage to address it, til my day of operation, til i got through with it.
.....Doc Sumer, though I haven't met in person was being a sympathetic and good friend from a distance
....Styx, though younger than me, proved that she could be a source of strength and go beyond being my former intern to being one of my precious pals. Up to the last few minutes before they took me to the operating room, she texted me, wishing me luck.
.....Gio, though I still think he's among those who want me dead, was unusually nice to me when he found out I was in pain. He learned about my state after he texted me that he dreamt about the girl he was pining for. Nonetheless, he was miraculously sensitive and suppportive afterwards that I feared if I was dying anytime soon.
.....Those who took time from their busy sked to pay me a visit at the hospital, my Radiology family, Doc Minda, Doc Leslie, Doc Mavi, Ma'am Thelma, Ma'am Nannete andMa'am Richie. My COMC friends Pot, Tading, Eva, Ma'am Nilda. Also to Tedd and Malou for dropping by before my OR. Mary Ann who couldn't believe what I went through and asked if our batchmates were aware of it. Ella, my ever thoughtful former intern who always dropped by COMC just to say hi when she knew i was on duty, took a time off from her toxic OB rotation now just to check on me. My greatest surprise was Melissa, who I thought was already at Siliman for her PGI but was there to bring me flowers in behalf of her friends who happen to be my "bandmates".
.....Those who expressed their intentions to visit me but I discouraged because I didn't want them to see me at such a disheveled state, like Weng and Pips(who helped me follow up my philhealth)
..... Cecilia who was guilt-tripping for not being able to drop by while I was still admitted, called me from her cellphone to check if I was ok and promised she'll make up for it. No worries, Cil.
.....Those that I didn't tell about my condition but I'm sure will just be as concerned if I did.
.....Those who I didn't know personally but were with me in prayers.

I simply couldn't thank you enough!

No comments: