Attract Your Life's Desires

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Jobs in Alberta, Canada

It was announced in the news yesterday that Alberta, Canada is opening its doors to more overseas Filipino workers. Doctors are included in the list of jobs to fill in.

Now my friend Mama Fe is excited once again about the new opportunity. She'd try anything just to get away from this country. She fears the political situation come 2010 and the falling US economy that might affect us as well. I can't blame her really. It's an act of self preservation. When you're a health worker in this country, you can't help but look for other options to reap the hard work and money you've invested for years to get to where you are now.

She's been pushing me to submit my resume to all possible agencies to try my luck as well. Honestly, I don't know if I really want to work abroad. Although I continue to lose hope in my country through everyday driving, by analyzing the lack of discipline and the mentality of people living here and all, still this is home for me. As much as I want to live in a better place where I have easy access to all the makeups that will not cost me an arm and leg for international shipping, I don't want to be away from my comfort zone. With my health condition, why would foreign employers hire me anyway?

Maybe I am still hopeful that things will change and that my place will prove to be the better option to live in. I don't know how that will happen but I want to believe in miracles.

3 comments:

lelila said...

hi, do you know if accountants are in demand too? thanks!

misakichan said...

the grass is greener there, they say...
or is it? hehehe

Dr. Vain said...

hi lelila.. im just not sure about accountants but there are a variety of jobs waiting to be filled up. you can check inquirer.net or poea.gov.ph. :)


kristine.. yeah definitely greener than here considering our profession that's one of the most underpaid and overworked here in the country.. but it really depends. not everyone will love the life being abroad.