Attract Your Life's Desires

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Abdominal Wall Problem

I think I may be suffering from a nerve entrapment syndrome, if not myofascial irritation. Something has been unusually wrong with my tummy that I've been in pain for one week now.
I have no changes in my eating habits or bowel function. No palpable mass. I've been twisting my brains trying to diagnose my own condition.

The pain is triggered by light touch but disappears on deep palpation. Sudden movements make me want to scream in pain. Driving along rocky roads pushes the pain button further. The pain was initially pricking in character, which became crampy later. For a while I wanted to believe in "barang" since I could not grasp its manifestations. Then it occurred to me that this is something along the abdominal wall . There is hyperalgesia is somewhere along the lateral margins of the left rectus abdominis muscles radiating to the left lower ribs.

I took all possible medications from Dolfenal to Celebrex to Motilium to Lyrica which got me swirling in dizziness. I didn't realize that the latter's side effects are of that magnitude to prevent me from going to work today. All medications offered little or no relief.

Until now, the hyperalgesia is still there but manageable than yesterday. I badly need an acupuncture but I can't find anyone who practices it here. Sometimes I do want to seriously study acupuncture because I believe in it so much. I just don't know where and how.

For now I can only pray that this is nothing serious and I can go on with life as normal as possible.

No comments: