Attract Your Life's Desires

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Sigma Lens 18-200mm shots

Sometimes, I wish that my hubby is into photography just so he could take great shots of me. For the longest time, no one was interested to take pictures of me except myself which was why I got into a photography hiatus. When I attempted to re-ignite the old passion, technology was so much different and everyone else was doing well in it except me.

I bought a Nikon D40 about 2 years ago to document my works as a make-up artist. I am impatient and I can't wait for the photographers' online posts to see how my work turns out in photos. But then, my shots just don't give justify to the makeups I did.

A week ago, I purchased my first lens apart from the kitlens, the Sigma 18-200mm. The Nikkor lens would have been an awesome option except that it costs Php 20,000 more than our Sigma lens. Since I won't be doing photography professionally, I decided to go for the cheaper alternative. I just need to take better pictures than I usually did.

The lens do make a difference. I couldn't keep myself from giggling as I was trying out the new lens at home. I was so happy with its output and what it could do. I can't say its perfect but I'm so thrilled with it that I want to learn more on digital photography.

My hubby, who is not into cameras, tried it himself and started shooting in the garden. With the manual settings I previously put in, he's got some nice shots which I was very proud of, like a Momma proud of his little boy. I am posting below some of his favorite captures. I just added borders and did minor editing.


No comments: