Attract Your Life's Desires

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

What In The World Does "Pitchy" Mean?

I'm a regular viewer of American Idol and I always hear the word "pitchy" from the judges' comments. Is this something technical that only musically- trained people understand? Does it refer to hitting notes off key? I can tell a voice that sounds good from one that doesn't, but I don't get it why some contestants are told that "they sounded pitchy all over" when to me, it was good.

Music, like beauty, can be subjective. What one person may like, another listener may not approve of. Pitchy or not, I still enjoy American Idol. Here is one of the finalists often underestimated (blame it on his youth and inexperience) but has got to be one of the best crooners for this season. I find nothing pitchy in this performance and none of the judges mentioned the word, in fairness. But he did get a lot of that comment during the previous weeks.

I just think this is one of the best performances for the Shania Twain night aside from the good-looking Casey James' number. I'm actually a fan of Aaron Kelly, the underdog, although I don't think he'll snag the title of the next American Idol. Will this week be Aaron's last? I hope not but we'll find out in a few hours.

No comments: