Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, December 26, 2004

Home Again


I'm back. My entire body is in pain. My muscles are sore from walking and carrying stuffs. But I don't mind, I had fun!Nothing beats a good time spent with good friends.

My milk rebond took 7 long hours. It was my first stop. Arrived at megamall at around 11 AM. While my mom, titas and titos headed to the grocery, I went to Ricky Reyes Salon and told them I will take a while before I get my hair done. True enough, I came close to developing pressure ulcers from sitting down for too long. I left my Da Vinci code at home so I spent most of the time reading the salon's magazines from cover to cover, playing bejeweled on my pda and then staring adoringly at my face in the mirror afterwards (ey, my blog, remember?). I skipped lunch for this beauty endeavor. A vanity rule of thumb, beauty first before comfort.

After the long wait, I almost wished I could walk backwards so I could flaunt my fabulous hair. My past 2 rebonds were done at Hairbytes shangrila. Though the atmosphere was a lot classier at hairbytes, with celebrities walking in as regular customers, with Iced Tea and glossy magazines served, I could say the rebond at Ricky Reyes is better. They handled my hair with much care. In my previous rebond, some strands beneath were burnt-frizzy, which did not happen this time. After all, Ricky Reyes pioneered the the hair rebond in this country. But if I were to have to haircut or other salon services, I'd still choose Hairbytes. The last time I had a haircut at another Ricky Reyes branch, I ended up looking like a die hard F4 fanatic. When you're a girl, you're not supposed to look like Jerry Yan. Keep that in mind.

Leaving the salon at about 6 PM, that gave me time to romp my way around Megamall. I checked out Humor Post for Baby Blues series as present for my nieces but they were out of stock. Went to Goodwill and saw new editions of Harrison's and Medicine bluebook. Guess IM will always have a spot in my heart. I decided to drop by Great Image studio and have my newly rebonded hair captured in photos. Whoa! The results were pretty cool. They digitally remove all your blemishes. Looking at my pictures, it made me feel like an overaged contestant for startstruck. Originally, I planned to schedule a photo shoot with fashion photographer Ken Go who happens to be the husband of Kikay sister Abbie, but unfortunately, they were fully booked for wedding coverages that week. Great Image wasn't bad at all. I saw pictures of Gail and Carlo posted as samples of the studio. Made me smile. My bugaw powers turned awry. At least I know Gail is very much happy now.

up next... the birthday celebration.

No comments: