Attract Your Life's Desires

Monday, August 18, 2008

Battle of The Passions

I'm in a confused state right now. I'm arguing with myself whether I should get a dlsr camera or buy additional makeup to my stash.

Both are expensive hobbies but the thing with makeup is that you can slowly build your collection and find cheaper alternatives. But computing the total cost 0f my kit should afford me a nice dslr camera.

Film Photography was my passion in college. I haven't heard of photoshop back then. I resorted to cutting newspaper prints and pasted them on my photos to make it look like an ad. Sometimes, I would cut a model's body and replaced her head with one of my friends' faces. Then I would end up laughing at the sight.

These days, I could land on billboards in a very realistic fashion, using photoshop or cool websites like photofunia. Digital photography has come a long way and I haven't taken the first step to keep up with it. I do own a point and shoot digital camera (canon ixus 55) but it's too limited to fully explore the wonders of photography.

The last time I used it on my niece's graduation, I was appalled by the blurry or dark images my camera produced when I tried taking shots during my niece's validectory address speech. I was already close to the stage and set the ISO to 400, with flash and all I got were dark or grainy pictures. Even photoshop couldn't save the dismal photos. A dslr should have been around for that very special moment. Presently, a good dslr is cheaper than the price I paid for my digital cam.


If I do get a DSLR and get hooked into it, it could be a very expensive endeavor. Passions can leave one broke. It would be another area that would get me excited and consume my time and money. Unlike makeup where I can earn from it, photography will just be a hobby to keep creative juices flowing.

My makeup stash wouldn't fit in my traincases anymore but I still crave a few more high end items for looks I'm planning on. It's far more affordable than a dslr camera.

Maybe if I had the money for both, that would be a no-brainer. For now, life is teaching me the value of sacrifice by choosing just one passion.. for the meantime, that is.

No comments: