Attract Your Life's Desires

Thursday, August 07, 2008

Dressing Up Your Little Girl





I was browsing through old pictures and noticed my fashion style when I was little. My mom was always updated with the latest. Knee-high socks, denim all overs, big shades (which is making a comeback), tubes, etc. I was amused at how my mom dolled me up, which is probably how I developed a flair for fashion.

Seeing kids these days dressed like miniature adults can get annoying to the point of being whore-ific. Kids are supposed to be cute, not sexy. I don't get the point why they are made to wear heels when it puts them at risk of spraining their ankles. Heels should be for the adults who can sacrifice comfort for fashion and don't run around in them. Let kids be kids.

If I'm going to have my kids in the future, I want at least 1 girl that I could dress up and prettify. For sure, her closet will be full of pinks, from jammies to jackets, dresses, shoes, socks, to hats. Buying branded items like Gymboree will not be a problem as by that time, I have a feeling I'll be richer by then. :) I hope that won't be too far from now. But then browsing at the online shops for kids' clothes, they aren't as expensive as I thought. My makeups are far more pricey than a $3 Gymboree floral sundress.

I guess if you just know where to shop for affordable kids' clothes without compromising style and quality, your kid will still be in fashion. I can have my little girl flashing her signature grin in a $30 Ralph Lauren mesh polo dress which is cheaper than my Mac brush. If it's not available in one store I can always browse for another, with lower price and better deals, which is made easier by shopwiki.

Hmm.. sometimes I am tempted to click the buy button. Perhaps the kids will follow soon enough, eh?

No comments: