Attract Your Life's Desires

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Eating Healthy Does Not Come Cheap

My alternative medicine docs advised me to shift into a healthier diet consisting of organic products including rice and veggies.Problem with organic food is they turn out to be pricier than their mainstream counterparts which leaves us reaching out for the cheaper alternatives.

The unpolished rice I eat costs more than the premium quality rice in the market. According to my hubby, the rice is reminiscent of the nutribun goodies distributed for free in schools before. Now, it's marketed for the health conscious who can pay for the higher price. I still find Japanese rice yummier but my body seriously needs the nourishment from the organic variety.

Another problem I see with sticking to healthy food is that they are not readily available. When outside the house, it is easier to grab a fast food hamburger than look for a filling healthy meal. It's a good thing that there are fruit juice stalls where I can order a glass of carrot juice or fresh fruit juices without much sugar. "Thirsty" and "All That Juice" have them at our local malls. But we need something to munch while drinking the juice.

With all the diseases stemming from bad diets, the trend now is leaning towards more natural, healthier options. I am hoping that they will be more available in cheaper and more palatable ways. For now, home grown veggies and fruits are my best bets.

No comments: