Attract Your Life's Desires

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Got to Believe



In connection to my post on Rico Yan, I got hold of my "Got to Believe" vcd which has been gathering dust along my other vcds. I watched the movie all over again. I still laughed at Vhong Navarro's punch lines, fell in love with Rico Yan and got thrilled at each kilig moment the way I watched it the first time. However, the love-stricken dialogues hit me like it never did before. It must be the battered heart I accorded myself lately.What can I say? This movie has got to be my favorite local movie of all time. I could almost swear it was made for me. Claudine Barretto may not exactly be my favorite person/celebrity but I applaud this girl's acting prowess, so effective even in a light drama/comedy like this particular movie. Yeah, call me baduy or jologs, but these are some memorable lines from the movie:

"Mr. Perfect may not necessarily be Mr. Right"

"Di ko alam ano'ng mas mahirap. Pag-aralang mahalin ang taong nagmamahal sa'yo o ang umasang mamahalin ka rin ng taong mahal mo"*

(I don't know which is harder. Learning to love the one who loves you or hoping for the person you love to love you back")

"You never say sorry for loving someone. You never say sorry for loving me."
________________
*ouch, bull's eye!

No comments: