Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, November 28, 2004

My object of desire


Manufacturer's Description
The EOS 300D Digital is a high-performance, digital AF SLR camera with an ultra-fine CMOS sensor with 6.30 million effective pixels. It is full-featured for all types of shooting, from fully automatic snap shooting to highly creative work. You can use all Canon EF and EF-S lenses and start shooting quickly at any time in any mode. Images can also be printed directly from the camera. CompactFlash cards serve as the camera's recording medium.

Truly drool-worthy. My birthday/christmas wish. During college, my minolta x-700 was my best companion especially during my stint as a photographer for the college yearbook. I never had any formal training in photography, my photo editor filled me in with the technical stuffs. My friend Malou who believes so much in my artistic eye asked me to take pictures during her wedding. It didn't materialize though. Aside from the fact that I'd be wearing a gown to her wedding (imagine me taking shots in a gown), my slr camera just gave up on me. I couldn't control the lights that come in. Its flash went off and I'm using another camera's flash which doesn't measure up. Since it's an old camera, I still have to focus before taking a shot. My eyes aren't in their tiptop condition as well. I can no longer pull off quick candid shots which are my forte. I like capturing emotions... moments. I still use it outdoors, though, with my nieces as my favorite subjects. For a time I stopped playing the photographer and preferred being the subject instead. I just want to keep as many pictures while my wrinkles aren't showing up and look back later in life and see how good I looked (err..why do I get this feeling I'm getting slammed on the head). For now the photographer in me is really itching to get my hands on this canon eos 300D. It will take a while before i save up enough money to buy it though.

No comments: