Attract Your Life's Desires

Sunday, November 21, 2004

Tough Choices


Mama Fe is the one to my right, trying to distort my poise

Another friend is quitting residency. First it was me, then Isobelle, now it's Mama Fe (no she's not my mother and neither does she look like a mother, that's just the way we call her coz she nags like one). She's an incoming 3rd year surgery resident at VRPMC.Three months ago, this was the email she sent me when she learned I was quitting:

Gracie,
Girl as much as I want to ask the many whys and whatabouts its your decision and I respect you for that. One thing that I admire of you is that you really mean what you say and stand for your decision. You`ve always been very vocal on what you want in life. No pressure, no stress but something worth learning and living.I guess we are all individuals looking for a place in our chosen fields.Hope you`re happy and enjoy your next journey.I think you were a journalist in your past life. I did not cry but girl I was also like that when I first started residency but I guess the difference is that I chose the field very close to my heart that no matter what people say behind my back I had to move on and accept the challenge not to prove to them that I can surpass it and please them but to please myself. Go girl you know that we, your friends, will always be behind you.See you soon!!!!
Mama Fe


A few days ago, she texted me and announced that she was quitting. I didn't believe her. I knew how much she wanted to be a surgeon. She's setting her sights on Australia or London. Today she sent me this email.

Girl, You`re probably surprised why I texted you and that I`ve decided on quitting when in fact I just wrote you barely 2 or 3 months ago that I have found my own place amidst the egoistic male world. Needless to say that I just happened to wake up one morning feeling empty and needing some soul-searching.Surprised that of all people why me? Wala lang just got tired of caring and giving.... and taking chances....hay hirap!!!

Mama, Like I told you in the email, if there's anyone who could understand what you're going through, that would have to be me. Mahirap talagang magpaka-bayani. They say give til it hurts. It hurt and so I went. Whatever you decide on, I'll be supportive of it. I'll be back in Manila next month. See you.
______________________________________________
My horoscope for tomorrow:
Have you got an older sibling or maybe even a parent that you can confide in? Right now you need that home court stability to use as a sounding board for your romantic concerns.

geez.. i never burdened my family on my romantic concerns. will mama fe or ate elaine do? when making crooked decisions, you never blame it on the stars.

No comments: